Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Day & My Doll


The wait will soon be over!! You should see my new doll tomorrow. The advertisement from my online class should be going online tomorrow. I will keep y'all posted. I can't wait to show her to y'all. I'm excited!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!
I've been cleaning my doll studio this afternoon. I could not walk in here it was such a mess. I do mean a real BIG MESS.

Now I'm working on paper dolls for a couple of paper doll swaps. I LOVE paper dolls. When I was a little girl my grandmother would save the Besty McCall paper dolls out of the magazine for me. She kept them in a real pretty victorian box. I loved getting those dolls out and playing with them. I wish I had all the dolls I had when I was a kid. It's funny how things disappear from our lives. I still have my doll buggy and I still have one little porcelain doll and a hard plastic doll. Check out her picture. See how worn she is. Her silk dress has fallen apart and the paint is off her eye. Her arms need to be restrung. I can restore her. I use to restore old dolls. I even have a diploma for Doll Repair. See I told you something else about me
y'all didn't know. :-)

3 comments:

Judi W. said...

Where is the class going to be? Joggles? Lisa's? Doll Street? Can't wait to see ..

Kai said...

I'm EAGERLY awaiting the 'unveiling' of your new doll! But Frannie, I just loved seeing this one - your 'old' dolly! I never had dolls OR toys whenI was growing up. So at age 23 I started collecting dolls. I was a REGULAR in doll shops where antique dolls were displayed & sold. By my mid-30s I had a really nice collection. Your doll brought back some very special memories! Thank you for sharing her with us!

Jacque Uetz said...

I can't wait to see what you have come up with for class!!!!
and what a little dolly beauty she looks very loved.