Wednesday, November 22, 2006

ROSES IN NOVEMBER


Here's a picture of roses I cut from my rose bushes in my back yard today. I love this time of year and so does my rose bushes. They don't do so well in the dead of the Summer in Las Vegas.

I finished 6 little hats for a Teapot Swap BUT I forgot to take pictures of them before I packed them and mailed them.

I took Sherry Goshon's Mermaid Baby at Doll U this past Sept. I'm giving the doll to my granddaughter Kaeleigh for Christmas. I had to redo her neck because I didn't let the paper clay dry enough and when I pulled the thread around the neck area .......... part of the neck popped off because it wasn't dry. Now she's ready to get her head attached. I'll post a pic of her when I get her head back on her shoulders. :-)

I made a homemade Apple Pie earlier tonight and BOY did it make the house smell GOOD!! Can't wait to eat it tomorrow. Ken does most of the cooking. He makes the Turkey & the stuffing. I make the veggies, mashed potatoes, etc. etc. etc. The kids and grandkids are coming over tomorrow.
Love & Hugs
Fran

3 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

I am sure the hats are beautiful. What lovely roses you have. Ours is all gone now.

Linda Fleming said...

Isn't it wonderful to live somewhere where flowers bloom year around? Mike is putting our outside holiday decorations up today- the lights look so pretty around the blooming hibiscus. Happy Thanksgiving-
Linda F from FL

Kai said...

The roses are SO pretty, Little Frannie! I admit tho' that I wish I lived someplace where nothing but SNOW grows from October till June! LOL! Eat a bite of pie for me, okay? Can't wait to see your doll! Love you!