Monday, October 08, 2012

BLOG/COMPUTER

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY EVERYONE!! Enjoy the day if you are off from work or not. :-)

I GOTTA learn how to do more things with my blog.  They have changed things and I'm lost for right now.  Will have to sit down and spend lots of time in my blog to figure out how everything works.  Personally I thought the old way was easier. LOL LOL!!   I guess one would say; I don't like changes. LOL!  When it comes to the computer I'm not too bright. ROFL!  I'm always scared I'm going to do something really wrong to my compter.  I'm sure if I do something wrong I can get it fixed.  Just have to call my son to come over and fix it. OR maybe my hubby could but he likes hitting buttons when he shouldn't. LOL LOL!! 

Just like now on this page I'm typing in..... on the side it shows in orange Post settings: Labels, Schedule, Permalink, Location and Options......   I have read some of them but will go in and read more.   I know how to change my blog page background with their settings/templates BUT I don't know how to make my blog page with a background of my own.  Don't know how to apply pictures, etc on the sides.  I know how to apply pictures in my postings.

I WILL FIGURE IT OUT. :-) But not today.  Got some other things I have to do today.
Hugs
Fran

3 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Fran! I have been the most technically-challenged person you can imagine, though slowly but surely I'm learning! I didn't like the changes in Blogger, either, but I changed over early just to make myself get used to it. I'm like you, I'm hesitant to do things a lot of times because I'm afraid of doing something to my computer; however, I'm getting braver, and if I do something questionable, my youngest daughter is a computer tech for a health-care company, so she comes over and wipes everything "clean" ~ LOL (her degree is in Film Restoration ~ she interned at TCM in Atlanta ~ but there's not a lot of demand for that right here in Southeast Missouri, so she does the OTHER thing she's good at...:)
I just changed my background for Halloween, so let me go take a look at that again and I will come back and tell you ~ it's easy ~ (I can do it! LOL)
Hugs,
Anne

Anne said...

Okay ~ Click on "Design" up in the top corner...you'll go to a page that will have a picture of your blog page that is titled "Live On Blogger" (I think that's what it said ~ probably should have written this down!) ~ anyway, it will say "customize" under that ~ click on it. Now click on "Background" and it will show what you have now. Click "remove background"; now over to the side there will be suggested colors you can use, but at the top of that, it should say something like "Upload your own" (see, I didn't go back into it too far, for fear of undoing what I just did to mine ~ LOL) click that and it will give you the option of finding a photo you want to use, either from your saved pics on your computer or from the memory card of your camera (I did have a photo of tubes of watercolors as the background on mine, but for Halloween, I found a copyright-free photo when I Googled "Candy corn" in "Images", and I just right-clicked it and saved it to my computer pictures) ~ after you choose that and upload it, to the side it will have a drop-down menu that says "tile" ~ that's what I did; it just repeats your image like, well, tiles ~ ;) ~ you want to make sure that you like both sides of your image (not an issue with something like the candy corn), as the far left side will show on the left side of your background, and the far right will show on the right.
And that's it!
Hugs,
Anne

Anne said...

You are so welcome, Fran! Hope it helped...♥
Hugs,
Anne